Lives Per Gallon Story Project
The Lives per Gallon Story Project was launched in July of 2010 when SGA staff went to the communities of the Gulf Coast to interview victims of the spill in order to hear first hand how they were impacted.
"The oil has stopped but the suffering continues."
The Lives Per Gallon Story Project was inspired by the devastation caused by the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history. The costs of the disaster are immeasurable, the damage done to the lives, environment and wildlife of the region is both unthinkable and still largely unknown.
In April, 2011 SGA staff returned to the Gulf Coast to re-interview victims of the oil spill one year later. As one victim stated "Though the oil has stopped flowing the suffering continues." One to two minute video clips from the victims-- as well as ways you can help are posted the Lives Per Gallon Story Project website.
20% in 20 Days Challenge
In 2009 we invited everyone to become a Clean Energy Champion through the 20% in 20 Days Challenge.
In 2009, Seventh Generation Advisors crafted the 20% in 20 Days Challenge. Here's how it works:
- Calculate your CO2 footprint (this is a good carbon calculator)
- Check out our list of Climate-Smart Strategies and choose a few to help reduce your CO2 footprint
- Incorporate the Strategies into your daily lifestyle
- Lower your CO2 footprint 20% in 20 Days
- Become a Clean Energy Champion and help stop global warming!