The mission of 7th Generation Advisors is to empower individuals and organizations to create and adopt solutions that protect our environment and fight climate change, based on the ancient First Nations philosophy that the decisions we make today should result in a sustainable world seven generations into the future.
We recognize the link between climate, conservation and the health and well-being of all living things and we strive to initiate, support and implement projects that support this interconnection. We have cultivated deep partnerships in diverse issue areas that enables us to work at this intersection.
To carry out our mission, we:
- Provide expertise and guidance: To decision-makers in government, business, non-profit, academia, and other stakeholders (based on our team’s deep expertise in each of these sectors) on environmental policies that address the urgent need to take action. This work spans from sharing knowledge to designing and implementing new projects.
- Partner: With non-profit organizations and other key stakeholders on campaigns and initiatives that utilize bold tactics, including creative communications, value added project management, fundraising and investor education/outreach (based on our experience with environmental advocacy and celebrity empowerment/engagement, among other relevant skills).
- Research and Educate: We educate through speeches, op-eds, books, and blogs (including numerous widely published books and op-ed contributions through social media and news outlets).
- Support and Coordinate: As advisors we are uniquely positioned to serve as a hub of facilitation and support for our partners and and projects.
Though our programs we aim to support and contribute to the following goals:
- Advocate: Addressing climate change as the most pressing matter of our time we work to contribute to the significant reductions of GHG emissions rapidly.
- Protect: Addressing the historic inequities Indigenous Peoples have faced we work alongside our partners, including First Nations to protect habitat that is essential to climate adaptation, species and global sustainability.
- Educate: Addressing the dire need to convey both the urgency of the problem and the solutions at hand we work to educate the public at large through a pragmatic lens, creating messaging that takes into account the entire ecosystem of solutions and problems.
“In every deliberation, we must consider the impact on the seventh generation… even if it requires having skin as thick as the bark of a pine”— The Constitution of the Iroquois Nations: The Great Binding Law