The mission of 7th Generation Advisors is to empower individuals and organizations to create and adopt solutions that protect our environment and fight climate change, based on the ancient First Nations philosophy that the decisions we make today should result in a sustainable world seven generations into the future.
We recognize the link between climate, conservation and the health and well-being of all living things and we strive to initiate, support and implement projects that support this interconnection. We have cultivated deep partnerships in diverse issue areas that enables us to work at this intersection.
To carry out our mission, we:
Provide expertise and guidance to decision-makers in government, business, non-profit, academia, and other stakeholders (based on our team’s deep expertise in each of these sectors) on environmental policies that address the urgent need to take action. This work spans from sharing knowledge to designing and implementing new projects.
Partner with non-profit organizations and other key stakeholders on campaigns and initiatives that utilize bold tactics, including creative communications, value added project management, fundraising and investor education/outreach (based on our experience with environmental advocacy and celebrity empowerment/engagement, among other relevant skills).
Advise companies on sustainability and related issues.
Though our three programmatic pillars we aim to support and contribute to the following goals:
Goal: Contribute to significant rapid reductions of GHG emissions. This includes:
- Replacing dirty diesel with clean renewables in underserved and vulnerable communities throughout the world through our Clean Energy Access Fund;
- Assisting governments in deploying low carbon technologies at scale through Blended Finance Climate Initiative; and
- Securing a global price on carbon by linking the world’s biggest markets through our “Put a Price on It!” campaign.
Thriving Lands, Waters and Wildlife:
Goal: Protect landscapes and waterways that are essential to climate adaptation, species protection, and global sustainability. This includes:
- Supporting efforts to protect and restore critical landscapes;
- Gathering and sharing information on protecting our waters through our Protecting our Waters for Environmental Justice/Multi-Benefit Stormwater Management Campaign and Database.
Goal: Expand Environmental education to all 6.2 million students in California and expand that model to other states and nations.
Goal: Fight against environmental racism and injustice through support of our partners on the front lines of environmental justice.
Goal: Empower individuals to take personal action in reducing their impact on the environment. This includes:
- Sharing and expanding our Personal Climate Action Center, which provides the tools and resources to take individual action;
- Identifying and prioritizing projects that are in underserved communities and viewing potential projects through a racial equity lens through our Clean Energy Access Fund;
- Enabling communities and policymakers to prevent pollution and conserve water through our Protecting our Waters for Environmental Justice/Multi-Benefit Stormwater Campaign and Database;
- Special projects, such as Chimps in Need, enabling individuals to make a difference in protecting wildlife; and
- Our Resource Center, enabling the public to learn more about the most urgent sustainability challenges and solutions facing our planet and people today, including Environmental Justice resources.
“In every deliberation, we must consider the impact on the seventh generation… even if it requires having skin as thick as the bark of a pine”— The Constitution of the Iroquois Nations: The Great Binding Law